Andrew Moffit's Public Weblog.

Friday, July 23, 2004

Cabin trip is a go. Mark, Vicki, Adam, Trish & Jamie attending, with the possibility of Byron and Sharon coming up on Saturday. My limit is 4 people, however I have no qualms going over that limit by double.

I went on a child's rampage through the grocery story last night buying things that I've had cravings for so I can eat them during my 2 day diet reprieve.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

I've been authorized to have some people up to my Mom & pseudo-step-father's cottage in Muskoka for the weekend. It's a rustic cottage/cabin with no running water or television, between Gravenhurst & Bracebridge almost on Kashe Lake.
Hopefully this works out. I started my Atkins diet in preparation for the beach, and through hell or high water I'm going to the beach! Casino Rama is 20 minutes away as well, and I suspect we'll make it there, perhaps to sneak into their hotel/pool/sauna shower facilities...
Should everything work out, I'm putting my diet on hold for Saturday and Sunday, it'll take only 3 days for my body to return to ketosis and back on track for this diet.

Monday, July 19, 2004

Went to Sarnia on the weekend, broke even at the Casino. Went to Erin's marina condo for a little bit before Erin, Craig, Adam, Jake & Sean went to bayfest to see the Tragically Hip. Byron and I returned to London and saw I, Robot with Jamie. (Review here 8/10).

Sunday, July 18, 2004

The cottage crisis wasn't quite a crisis as it turned out to only cover a few people that had their hopes up . I was asked to help out the situation by un-booking the week I had off. I complied. (Even as there are people still going up for just the weekend). The people ostracized from the July cottage trip were offered another trip at the end of August or beginning of September that apparently wouldn't include the people from the first trip. I likely won't be attending due in part to holiday schedules -- although if I'm allowed to go up only for the weekend, that might do. I didn't want to go on the main cottage trip for the cottage/lake itself, but rather for the MANY friends that'd be present.
According to Shane, next year he's going to book the cottage for 3 weeks in a row so everyone will have a chance to come up. I can forsee at least some problems happening, with everyone in GD wanting to go up during one week, but there not being enough room. How do you break up a tight group of people into two weeks? Person A will want person B, C, D, E, F, & G to accompany them, person E will want person C, F, H, K, L, M to be up all at once. Shuffle & Repeat.
There was talk amongst the ostracizees, and others not involved, of going to Atlantic City next weekend. Currently that idea is not likely to come to fruition.